BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 3, 2011

Zeitoun: First 68 pages

The beginning of Zeitoun is very interesting and captivating. The beginning of the Novel gives a great brief summary of both Zeitoun and Kathy's childhoods and how they came about meeting. The book starts out with describing the life Zeitoun has made for himself as a Muslim-American in Louisiana. Zeitoun runs a very successful painting and carpentry business. It describes his and his wife's brief brushes with Americans view on Muslims and how it has and mainly has not affected their lives. But I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the beginning to this book. I am very much captivated by the story being put in place in front of me. I would truthfully suggest this book to anyone, it has a great story so far and the writing is great that it is easy to keep reading while not feeling like you are reading something for an eighth-grader. I am excited to continue reading this book and am kind of bummed out that I did not start it earlier. 

0 comments: